Suggested protocol for use in pluripotent stem cell (PSC) cultures
- Using aseptic cell culture technique, wipe DISC container with 70% ethanol and place into a biosafety cabinet before opening.
- Passage cells and add culture medium to wells.
- Using sterile forceps, transfer each DISC into a culture well containing the volume required for desired release level (see Table 1) Note: As DISCs rehydrate, they will swell and become transparent. Embedded StemBeads will be visible under a microscope.
- Every 2-3 days, replace only the medium, leaving the original DISC in the well (use low vacuum or a pipette).
- After 7 days total, passage cells into a new culture dish and add a new DISC. The DISC can be removed by using a low powered vacuum tip and discarded into a biohazard trash.
Want to try FGF2 DISCs? Buy them here.